POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Megapov 0.5 and heightfield : Re: Megapov 0.5 and heightfield Server Time
2 Sep 2024 04:13:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Megapov 0.5 and heightfield
From: Fabian BRAU
Date: 19 May 2000 05:08:58
Message: <3925049C.1C146F91@umh.ac.be>
> I rendered your scene with MegaPov 0.4, MegaPov 0.5, and Official POV-Ray
> 3.1g.  Interestingly, MegaPov 0.4 was the one that was different.
> Therefore, the most probable explanation is that MegaPov 0.4 was incorrect
> and that someone (either myself or someone else) fixed a bug and forgot
> about it.  Does anyone remember any discussion about this?

No Megapov0.4 IS the correct one. I think a simple argument to prove
it is that any scene must be scale independant (uniforme one of course).
This is why normal was already modified. I think it would nice to keep
the
feature of megapov0.4 but one can keep backward compatibility with
#version.

What do you think about it?

Fabian.